It has been a while!
* My kid has her own sewing machine now. She’s some kind of natural with the straight lines. I’m so proud.
* This website got a little upgrade and now goes by SOMPbags.com. Part of the upgrade is in-site shopping capability, so be sure to check that out under “shop—>ready to ship”
* I’ve made so many things since the new year. Most of them are over on my instagram @sompbags.
* It’s birthday! I’m an age, and I don’t care who sees me crying at the Olympics on TV, or commercials for Zillow. Or elephants. Or parades. Or roller coasters. Totally over it. This is who I am.
* There are 2 sewing machines set up in my classroom. Soon I’ll introduce a program to teach kids who want to learn to sew relief kit bags. These bags are made from donated fabrics and will be used by MCC in their distribution of hygiene, school, and sewing kits to vulnerable populations touched by war or natural disaster around the world. I love their work. If you’re local, I’ll show you how to make these bags. Drop me a line.
* We had a bit of a handmade Christmas over here. The Husb made our Big Guy an arcade game—there are like 100 vintage Nintendo and Atari and sega games on there, all in this insane cabinet he built with his hands. I made the Babykid a teepee-style tent with pink shiny stars. Super festive all around.
* Let it be known that I have no self control in a book store. Sooner or later, the book stores will figure this out and set up shop a little closer. It’s true at the library too. Maybe just one book, I say. Riight.
* We got an Instant Pot. All I have made with it is soup. Worth it even so.
* I took myself birthday shopping and bought two gorgeous made in the USA sweatshirts at a little boutique called “Clothes Minded.” As far as I can tell, it is an open minded shop with insanely cute stuff. Highly recommended. Check them out. They’re on the Instagram and the Facebook.
* A student of mind said it was “so extra” yesterday when I told the class that the reason I struggled finding my slide show for the day was because I named it “Bartleby Partleby 1, 2, and 3.” What ELSE would you name your Bartleby slide show? Well. I made it a year ago and forgot how funny I am. “That’s something my mom would say!” Lol. I embrace this too.
Now for some pictures.
by the Seat Of My Pants...
the stories behind the bags and beyond.